My name is Jonathan MacEnery Kinne. I’m originally from Ramsey NJ and now live in Oakland NJ with my wife of 7 years Eileen and our two awesome kids Ellie and James. Im 36 years old and currently the Director of Bands at Rutherford High School in Rutherford NJ. I graduated from Ramsey High School in 1997, Montclair State University in 2008 with a BA in Music Education and Ramapo College in 2013 with a MA in Educational Leadership. I am currently pursuing a career in public school administration if your hiring 🙂 and plan on obtaining an EdD. in the future. My life goals are to make a difference in the world and to have something/anything named after me, which I know sounds self absorbed but I own it.
I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, yard work, making music with my students and believe it or not running! My favorite things about running are discovering new places while running in and the meditative aspect of the sport. SPORTS!
Fun Facts about me:
- My wife and I are the same sign. We met in the Hawthorne Caballeros in 2000 and have been together for 15 years!
- I marry people as an officiant. Im pretty good at it too:-)
- I have killer dance moves
- I can say the greek alphabet in under 5 seconds
- I have a talent for retaining useless knowledge
- Im in the top 3% of the best drivers in NJ (self proclaimed but true)
- Im not ticklish.
- I don’t tan
- Cant grow a beard
- I used to work construction
- I made a commercial for ABC sports with my buddy Mikey in 2000
- I was a Tenor drummer for the Hawthorne Caballeros Drum and Bugle Corps from 1999-2004 and DCA World Champ, 2003. If you don’t know what that is then you are not a band geek so don’t bother looking it up, it will mean nothing to you.
- Lowest college GPA 0.4, Highest college GPA 4.0. Coincidence…? I think not.
- My great grandfathers last name means Hippopotamus in Czech.
- John Stamos is one of my heroes.
- The only thing I really hate about my generation is Drumline the movie.